R/T Exhaust questions

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Sun Oct 04 1998 - 21:51:17 EDT

Those of you with a R/T that have examined your exhaust please see if you can answer
the following questions for me.

How far down the exhaust pipes from the manifold are the 1st set of O2 sensors? One
on each side?

What size are the stock exhaust pipes? ( Exhaust pipe is the pipe from the manifold
to the Cat.)

Where is the Cat located? In front of the cross member or behind it like the other
V8s?

Would there be room for two cats standing on their sides and two mufflers also
standing on their sides?

I am thinking of using 2.5" cats and 2.5" mufflers with the stock 3" tailpipe and
adding another 3" pipe to match if possible on the left side.

How much of the system appears to be stainless steel?

Thanks for any answers you may be able to give me. I'll let all know if the Mopar
headers and modified 2.5" Y pipe can be reused off of my 98 5.2L.
Jim in Waco...99 R/T shipped on the 25th. (hard to wait)