RE: Re: RE: Max "Y"pipe diameter on stock manifolds

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Oct 05 1998 - 10:27:49 EDT

dan,
Im sure a shop could do it, and cheaply. They may want to run 2.25"
headpipes since thats the outlet diameter of the manifolds though. With
2.25 head pipes you should be fine as long as they dont restrict it at the
bends (specify mandrel bent only). If you go with a single inlet 3"dia cat,
then have the shpo join the headpipes with a gentle transistion at least
7inches long. Im really interested in your results if you do this. Also,
you are running a Vortech? Whats your best E/T? Ive heard/think that the
98 OBDII doesnt like mods, even pressurizing as much as the earlier OBDI
systems. Are you in the low 14s? Ive been playing around with TBs etc. and
have some interesting results. (post later).
BKB