RE: Creaking noise? HELP!

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Mon Oct 05 1998 - 10:38:59 EDT

If that's the case - try looking elsewhere. Is the spare secure, ect.
 I had a vibrating rattle that only occurred at certain rpm's. Turned
out to be the lower part of the side edges of my rear liscense plate
rattling against the plastic middle part of the bumper. Cut some
rubber strips, glued them to the liscense plate - voila!! Also had a
heat shield self tapping screw rubbing up against a header pipe - only
on accelleration. Could barely see it - only if you looked REAL
close. Had to get a friend with skinnier arms to put the nut back on
after I had to pull the carpet to get the thing out (screw) and
shorten it. PAIN IN THE TUSH!!!

Good luck.

Tate