RE: breaking in

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Mon Oct 05 1998 - 10:43:57 EDT

Allen,
For break-in, follow the recommendations of Dodge. Avoid WOT conditions for
at least the first 1,000 miles. Drive normally and vary the throttle
settings. Avoid
extended idle conditions and additionally, change the oil within the first
500 miles. The oil change is to remove the ferrous and non-ferrous materials
from the engine.
On a new engine, I change my oil at 500, 1,500, 3,000 and every 3,000 miles
thereafter. No special break-in procedures for towing, just disengage the
over drive
when towing......
        Frank