RE: stainless steel exhaust

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Oct 05 1998 - 14:33:03 EDT

Jack,
Thank you for your post. I was thinking Im the only one. I live by the
ocean and everything rusts But, my tailpipe looks like hell for being 5
months old. I called the dealer and they said if it was rusted they would
replace it. We (the dealer and I) agreed that since its the only piece of
chrome on the truck It should look good. Just think if your bumper started
rusting like that! I tried the chrome polish route and it looked good for
about a week until the pits bloomed again. Now Ive got spots about 1/4" in
diameter with no chrome, and the base metal is definintly mild steel. Dont
polish, complain!
Bruce "is it stainless or isnt it" Bridges