stainless steel exhaust

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Sun Oct 04 1998 - 09:00:54 EDT

what part of the dakotas exhaust is stainless? Called a local muffler
shop
to see if they could replace the pipe from the cat back with some that
was
3" in dia. but I wanted stainless because I had thought thats what was
there
and it doesnt make sense to degrade the system.

His response was the pipe in back of the cat is not stainless."

-----Here are quotes from '97 and '98 Dodge Dakota sales brochures-

'97 Dakota, page 22, heading 1-"Stainless steel exhaust system from
front to rear, including muffler and tailpipe for long life."

'98 Dakota, page 6, heading 1-"Full stainless steel exhaust system,
including muffler and tailpipe, for longer life."

Patrick