Re: Top speed 115? hey stei0302

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Tue Oct 06 1998 - 08:21:23 EDT

I'm glad you brought this point up .

No , truck tires generally are not at all meant for speeds over whatever
the manufacturer has set , but in some cases , such as on the R/T , I think
you could go at least a bit higher .

Now mind you that I am not a tire engineer , but I think it just takes a
little common sense . Something that is lacking in society today .

That's what happens when everyone wants the government to take care of
everything for them , they get stupid really really quick .

>If you do find a way to go past 115 please don't be like the guy in the
>chevy truck who got a power programer for his truck, changed the speed
>limiter to 150MPH, then blew the tires out at around 120MPH. Stock tires
>on trucks generally do not like to go over 115, if that high. My uncle
>is a member of the local search and rescue group, and had the pleasure
>of retrieving the body of the man, well most of him anyway.
>
>Erich (never gone over 100 in it yet)

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://www.mindspring.com/~hemi/jbd1.html