Re: Top speed 115? hey stei0302

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 06 1998 - 12:08:10 EDT

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, Jack Hilton III wrote:

> I'm glad you brought this point up .
>
> No , truck tires generally are not at all meant for speeds over whatever
> the manufacturer has set , but in some cases , such as on the R/T , I think
> you could go at least a bit higher .
>
> Now mind you that I am not a tire engineer , but I think it just takes a
> little common sense . Something that is lacking in society today .
>
> That's what happens when everyone wants the government to take care of
> everything for them , they get stupid really really quick .

  Yep.

  A real simple way to check to see wether your tires can take it is to
simply read the sidewall. (truck tires or no) The rating should be printed
right on the side, and that'll tell you what speed they're capable of
sustaining. I don't see a Dakota being able to drive beyond the limits of
something like a Z rated tire. (Well, maybe the SR-71 bullet or the
Sidewinder...) :-)

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.77@92.97), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |