Expedition into self-mutilation

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Tue Oct 06 1998 - 23:15:42 EDT

While at work today , I was out front taking 3 minutes off of my life span
again .

A co-worker , we'll call "Jill" to protect her dignity , pulled up in her
brand new 1998 Ford Expedition . She had only had the vehicle for just
barely two months .

A grand vehicle indeed , all decked out in a soft blue tint with aluminum
wheels , no less .

As she came to a stop in a space not more than 10 feet from me , I could
swear I was smelling antifreeze .

"No way" I thought , as this was a new truck , but it was the only one in
the lot at the time .

Sure enough , as she turns it off and gets out and makes her way to the
front door , I see a puff of steam come up out of the passenger side cowl
vent , much the same way you see Nitrous when people are purging it at the
track .

I yelled to her that her truck was smoking and she turned and met me at the
front of the mighty truck .

We lifted the hood and sure enough , it reaked of antifreeze .

I didn't see any leaking under the hood , but she had said that the thing
had overheated on several occasions and had in fact shut itself down
because it got too hot (I guess she didn't know what the "H" meant , or the
red part on the guage) . She went on to talk about how the truck had been
nothing but one problem after the other ever since they had gotten it two
months ago .

I told her that she might wanna check the passenger side floor to see if it
was wet , as I figured off hand that the heater core was leaking somewhere
or one of the hoses was .

Anyway , she went on her way and I just kinda smiled to myself .

Not because she was having bad luck , but I just kinda looked across the
lot at my R/T and said "Good girl!" to her under my breathe . I laughed a
bit and went back to Hel.....I mean work .

W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net