RE: TB Mod Question for the Pro's

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Tue Oct 06 1998 - 23:56:55 EDT

Brad,
My experience with the MP engine controller (95 and older) shows that the
controller gets very aggressive with the ignition and fuel maps. Under WOT,
the engines
(both 318 and 360) tend to be very rich and tend to ping with fuels with an
octane rating of 92 or less. I haven't had the opportunity to try one of the
MP computers
on a 96. I would imagine that the big bore throttle body would work quite
well these controllers and we will be testing this very soon. Mopar
Performance currently
does not have a controller for the 97 and newer trucks. Our testing has been
on 98 5.9L engines, both with JET chips. Both trucks tend to lean out under
WOT and
we are working on this. I think that the MP computer will come closer than
the JET on the 95 and older trucks. Hopefully we will be testing this
combination next
week.