Dakota Sport...squeeky brakes

From: machmeek@concentric.net
Date: Wed Oct 07 1998 - 00:27:17 EDT

I just bought a used 96 Dodge Dakota Sport at an auction. So far every things seems to be in good working order except a rear brake that squeeks excessively when i am braking and close to being completely stopped. I spoke to a local brake shop who told me this is a problem inherent with this model. He said there is a damper kit (or dampener?) that can be purchased and installed which is rather expensive and has shown marginal success. Has anyone had any problem similar to mine with this model? ...any suggestions?
thanks...

machmeek@concentric.net
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)