Re: Dakota Sport...squeeky brakes

From: Boog318@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 07 1998 - 08:45:47 EDT

Dampener kit??????
Never heard of that.
First, check your pads. Is there alot of pad there? You may have those world
famous "lifetime pads".
These things are rotor killers! I have them on my 92 and I hate them. What
mine are doing is slowly cutting away at the rotors and squeaking as they do
it. Mine even squeak when i am not braking. That has to be from all that
metal dust staying between the pad and rotor.
Change your pads, put on cheap semi-metallic's, turn your rotors, if there is
any left to be turned, and then see if they still squeak.
Boog's $0.02