RE: TB Mod Question for the Pro's

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Fri Oct 09 1998 - 11:15:31 EDT

Jon,
We are using a data analyzer/logger ( I think it is a Horaba) and it is used
in conjunction with the dyno and we pull exhaust before the Cat. It has many
channels
and can plot manifold vacuum/pressure, ignition fuel/air ratio, etc. etc
etc. We had to install a 1/8 npt fitting in the header pipe and we cap it
after we are finished.
They tell me the analyzer is a $15,000 piece of equipment. The fuel/air
ratio is supposed to be accurate to within a 1/10% and I believe it. On the
truck, we generally
look at ignition, torque, horsepower, and F/A ratio. I will be seeing my
buddies this weekend, and I will find out more for you......

        Frank