Re: short throw shifters

From: Gary Pinkley (gapinkley@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Oct 13 1998 - 00:13:28 EDT

The reason that Hurst has not made a shifter for the Dak could be either of
two reasons:

    1. The Wrangler transmission is the AX-15, the same box behind the 4
and cyl Daks. The bean counters probably told the
          the engineering staff that they are high if they think 4 and 6er
Dak owners would buy this. The V-8 units have a New
          Venture Gear transmission, maybe they haven't had one in the shop

    2. They don't realise that the small engine daks have the same tranny.

Shh....here's a secret.....I recently lent my V-6 Dak to B&M for a day so
they could spec out my shifter. If anyone living in the LA
area that has V-8 5 spd is willing to let B&M have their truck for a day to
spec the NVG shifter, I can give you the name of an engineer
there that would be interested in talking to you.

Gary Pinkley
97 Reg Cab V-6 5 spd
lowered monochrome red
255/50-17 BFG Comp T/A ZR4