Sticking Door Locks

From: Ron Gallimore (rgallim@geocities.com)
Date: Tue Oct 13 1998 - 18:02:00 EDT

I have a '92 sport with sticking door locks. I have to use the key and
push on the lock to lock the door and very carefully, but forcefully
unlock it with the key. I have to lube them every couple of months. I
have tried everything including WD-40 (which I later found out was a
mistake), silicone, and lithium. Everytime I relube them I find that
they have rusted up. I spray rust off on them, use a brush to get the
rust off, blow them dry with an air compressor and let them dry for 30
minutes before I spray them with lube. What am I doing wrong? Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Ron Gallimore - KC8JFK
ICQ#: 2522310