RE: undercoat

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Wed Oct 14 1998 - 19:00:40 EDT

>I used to be a heavy proponent for undercoating. I had planned on having my
>'96 undercoated until I spoke to the people at my dealership. They offered
>undercoating and would have applied it, but advised against it. The
>underside of the vehicle is coated with a "wax type" corrosion protectant.
>I did not have the undercoating applied. Like I said, this was in '96.
>Only time will tell.
>Rich - Ashburn, VA

I had my '93 undercoated, but it was recommended against it for the '95 &
'98. Why, I don't know, but I complied. On another note, I've noticed the
underside of the '98 is painted. I like it very much. Our other '95 has a
lot of rust underneath. Any suggestions on how to get the underside of the
'95 painted? Dealership? Private shop?

Thanks,
Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd