undercoat

From: LtdMnM@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 14 1998 - 13:31:34 EDT

Hey all,
I just bought a black '99 sport with the V6 3.91, standard, regular cab, no
toys except a CD changer. My question is in relation to undercoating the
wheelwells. What are the current opionions on it and if you are in favor, what
kind of undercoating do you reccomend. One of my buddies says go for the
undercoat, but my dad (who has been in the coatings industry for years) says
that the undercoats actually trap moisture which causes them to corrode
faster....Since I'm from the Boston area, a good undercoat that doesn't
promote rust I think would be a good idea...Any ideas....?
Thanks,
Matt