Re: Test driving Durango & R/T

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 14 1998 - 15:48:05 EDT

<bzzzzzzz>

(Minor digression for one of my pet peeves: Is it too much to ask that a
salesperson know his product line if he expects me to plunk down $20,000+??
If I were a car salesman, I would want to know everything that there is to know
about every single one of the vehicles I'd be responsible for selling. [within
reason, of course] Why is it that so few salespeople seem to do this???). Ok,
I feel better now. :-)

<ranting mode on>

Boy do I hear you. When we got the '98, I asked to have tow hooks
installed. The salesman actually tried to talk me out of it. He kept
trying to tell me it's a 4x4, all you need is the 4L gear because you can
get out of anything. Hah! I had to explain to him that 4L doesn't always
get you out of mud. I didn't want to tell him how deep the mud was going to
be as it is a leased vehicle. Then I also had to explain to him that most
4x4 clubs such as the Central Ontario 4x4 club won't even accept membership
if you don't have tow hooks. I believe that Dak owners know a lot more
about their trucks than salespeople. One salesperson even asked me to speak
at a seminar to help educate female drivers. Of course I said no, pay me
and maybe I'll think about it.

Before all this, when I tried the dealership beside our house to get my '95,
the salesperson wouldn't even aknowledge my presence. I'm going to spend
$20,000 and this idiot didn't want to talk to me. I guess my money wasn't
good enough!

Where do they get some of these salespeople? Ford maybe? Hey, maybe I
should become a Dakota salesperson. Nah! I can't be that cheesy.

<ranting mode off>

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd