Re: Test driving Durango & R/T

From: Thomas Vacchino (tommyv@thecia.net)
Date: Thu Oct 15 1998 - 07:40:17 EDT

--------------95F29F44AB0ECCB29D56E1B5

> I'm right there with ya Jon. When I bought my 92 the Sales guy came right out and
> told me he didn't know anything about trucks period! Let alone a Dakota!

My first rule of thumb is. Ask the Sales person (PC) what do they drive? Ever notice
when dealerships close for the evening most of the people leaving the place aren't
driving what they're selling, that includes the MECHANICS!! This somehow bugs me!! I
think that if your selling it you also should be living it (so to speak). Besides
why would you want to drive anything other than a MOPAR!!!!!!!........Just my .02

"psychonaut"

> (Minor digression for one of my pet peeves: Is it too much to ask that a
> salesperson know his product line if he expects me to plunk down $20,000+??
> If I were a car salesman, I would want to know everything that there is to know
> about every single one of the vehicles I'd be responsible for selling. [within
> reason, of course] Why is it that so few salespeople seem to do this???). Ok,
> I feel better now. :-) Where was I? Oh yeah...
>
> -Jon-

--------------95F29F44AB0ECCB29D56E1B5

<HTML>

<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE> I'm right there with ya Jon. When I bought
my 92 the Sales guy came right out and told me he didn't know anything
about trucks period! Let alone a Dakota!</BLOCKQUOTE>
My first rule of thumb is. Ask the Sales<B> person</B> (PC) what do <B>they</B>
drive? Ever notice when dealerships close for the evening most of the people
leaving the place aren't driving what they're selling, that includes the
MECHANICS!! This somehow bugs me!! I think that if your selling it you
also should be living it (so to speak). Besides why would you want to drive
anything other than a MOPAR!!!!!!!........Just my .02

"psychonaut"
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>

(Minor digression for one of my pet peeves: Is it too much to
ask that a
alesperson know his product line if he expects me to plunk down $20,000+??
If I were a car salesman, I would want to know everything that there
is to know
about every single one of the vehicles I'd be responsible for selling.
[within
reason, of course] Why is it that so few salespeople seem to
do this???). Ok,
I feel better now. :-) Where was I? Oh yeah...

-Jon-</BLOCKQUOTE>
 </HTML>

--------------95F29F44AB0ECCB29D56E1B5--