RE: Fuel Pressure Regulators

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Wed Oct 14 1998 - 19:44:40 EDT

Whit,
I don't know if anyone makes an adjustable fuel pressure regulator for the
Magnum, but I would think that it would almost be a moot point. The
regulator is built
into the fuel pump assembly, and additionally, there is a transducer that
sends signals to the engine controller on what the fuel pressure is and the
controller
adjusts the injector pulse width accordingly. If you wanted to increase the
pressure, you would need to run an in-line fuel pump downstream of the
transducer. If
you chose to go this route, you could run just about any aftermarket
regulator in conjunction with the in-line pump...
        Frank