Re: RE: undercoat

From: Thomas Vacchino (tommyv@thecia.net)
Date: Thu Oct 15 1998 - 07:28:09 EDT

--------------8C2F0F03D885EB3F0B0746B0

fawcett@uism.bu.edu wrote:

> Welcome aboard Matt and congrats on your purchase. Even though it's a
> sixer I think you'll be pleased with your Kota :-)

> T.

Hey!! What's wrong with a SIX!!??...........;-)I'm only busting your butt dude!!

Welcome to the Club, I also live in the Boston area. I have a '92 V-6 (Ya Baby!!)
DAK
Never been undercoated, no signs of rot/ rust so far and we all know how New England
weather is! Not to mention how much Salt they use on the roads around here in the
winter. I vote no on the undercoat.

"psychonaut"

<HTML>

fawcett@uism.bu.edu wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Welcome aboard Matt and congrats on your purchase.
Even though it's a
ixer I think you'll be pleased with your Kota :-)</BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>T.</BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey!! What's wrong with a SIX!!??...........;-)I'm only busting your butt
dude!!

Welcome to the Club, I also live in the Boston area. I have a '92<B>
V-6</B> (Ya Baby!!) DAK
Never been undercoated, no signs of rot/ rust so far and we all know
how New England weather is! Not to mention how much Salt they use on the
roads around here in the winter. I vote no on the undercoat.

"psychonaut"
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>

I just bought a black '99 sport with the V6 3.91, standard, regular
cab, no
toys except a CD changer. My question is in relation to undercoating
the
wheelwells. What are the current opionions on it and if you are in
favor,
what
kind of undercoating do you reccomend. One of my buddies says go for
the
undercoat, but my dad (who has been in the coatings industry for years)
says
that the undercoats actually trap moisture which causes them to corrode
faster....Since I'm from the Boston area, a good undercoat that doesn't
promote rust I think would be a good idea...Any ideas....?
Thanks,
Matt</BLOCKQUOTE>
 </HTML>

--------------8C2F0F03D885EB3F0B0746B0--