Re: Re: Test driving Durango & R/T

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Thu Oct 15 1998 - 08:49:46 EDT

Is it possible that the salesman where you were didn't have a 318 Dak and
just said that so that you would buy a truck from his current stock ?

I know that these guys usually do not know the whole scoop on their
vehicles (I had numerous salesman tell me that the R/T was available ONLY
in the Club Cab) , but I feel that sometimes it is because they do not have
whichever one you are asking about and they want you to buy the one they
have .

It is a statistical fact that if you visit a dealership , and especially if
you do a test drive , that if you do not buy a vehicle at that time , the
chances of you not buying a vehicle at that dealership or not coming back
to do so are like 70% . So these guys do everything they can to get you to
"sit down and dicker" as Slick Willy would say .

I think you have to look at this from a couple of views and maybe there is
an alterior motive involved besides basic stupidity .

Then again , the guy/gal may just be ignorant , in which case I would start
to doubt anything he tried to pitch me on .

Jack Hilton

HEMI@charter.net