RE:Radiator

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Thu Oct 15 1998 - 19:19:13 EDT

   The cheapest and easiest way to "Pressure Test" a system that I've ever
seen was to drain the coolant, remove the upper radiator hose, cut an old
2.25" bike tube (that's still good) in half and hook it up in place of the
radiator hose. You then pressurize the system using the Schrader valve on
the bike tube and an air compressor. Get as much air as you dare in there
(ooooh, poetry) and start spraying all suspected areas with a spray bottle of
soapy water (even the radiator). If you see bubbles, you've found your leak.

   You might also want to change your oil and take a good look at it. If it's
soupy or otherwise corrupted, you may have a tiny gasket leak too...(That's
SOOOO ugly I don't even want to think about it-so why did I?)

Shaun H.