Re: 46RE & 46RH Difference was: Short throw shifters -R

From: Vincent Heckathorn (victorylane@iwaynet.net)
Date: Sat Oct 17 1998 - 00:56:10 EDT

You can adjust the TV cable to get it to kick down sooner but then your part
throttle shifts may be to high.
I have a Transgo in mine and have no trouble out of it at all. This thing shifts
like an old 727, very positive and with out any lag on the down shifts. The shifts
are not tire chirping but are very nice. It does take some peddle to get it come out
of overdrive but this is what you want, you don't want it to go in and out with
small amounts of throttle differences like they do stock, this saves on the OD unit.

My trany will not go into 2nd gear if I am going around 65-70 mph it will only kick
down to 3rd. I would say that it is probably the level 10 kit that is making it do
that. Sorry that you didn't go for the Transgo kit.
But again you may be able to adjust it out with the TV cable.

Colin H.