'97 & '98 mud flaps...

From: Michael & Jeannine Reynolds (jeanninemike@fuse.net)
Date: Sat Oct 17 1998 - 11:49:19 EDT

Looking at the thread about wheel flares and mud flaps revived an old
question that I have. I own a '98 Dakota Sport+ 4X4 CC with the tire and
handling package and wheel well flares. I too wanted more protection for
the truck than just the flares, so I ordered the flat rubber mud flaps that
someone on the DML recommended. Well, when I picked them up from the dealer
I noticed that these flaps were a big flat piece of rubber with the Dodge
name stamped in them. They also were very flexible and would easily flap in
the air stream. Also, they didn't have any mounting holes or guides, they
were pretty much "fit it yourself". So, I returned them to the dealership
and received a refund. My question is this: Are there any type of molded
mud flaps that will fit the truck with the flares? I too have considered
running boards, but we are saving up for a fiberglass tonneau cover and it
will be awhile before can afford the Dodge molded fiberglass running boards.
Any hints or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Michael Reynolds
'98 Dakota Sport CC 4X4
5.2L, Flame Red