Performance Dillema

From: BlKV8Dkota@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 17 1998 - 18:41:16 EDT

Ok here is my story. I purchased Summit truck headers made by flowtech for my
98 318 dak. In the catalog theyt sat only 96-97 so i called and asked if they
would apply to 98's they told me to call flowtech and ask. So I did. Their
techs said nothing changed from 97-98 so they shall fit so I ordered them.
Well when they got I here I was woried because the last pipe cam up and over
the top of the headers wich looked like a clearence problem. So I e-mailed
flowtech to make sure they would fit and they assured me they would. Well
today i spent 3 hours and no go so I am stuck with the manifolds and no
headers and i am Pissed. So please for the love of god dont listen to
flowtech. So here is my present problem. I am returning the headers to
summit and getting my 160 back. What should I purchase now? I have an Airaid
and a 180 thermostat and that is it. Dont want a chip yet, dont want to have
to run 93 gas. It is a daily driver son nothing to extreme like nitrous.
should I get exhaust, find new headers, throttle body, ud pulleys or what
please give me suggestions along with prices. thanks

Josh