Re: Performance Dillema

From: O26ON4@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 18 1998 - 08:40:09 EDT

<< Dont want a chip yet, dont want to have
 to run 93 gas. It is a daily driver son nothing to extreme like nitrous.
 should I get exhaust, find new headers, throttle body, ud pulleys or what
 please give me suggestions along with prices. thanks
 Josh >>

Josh,
Others may disagree, but IMO, your best first move is a chip with thermostat
and a willingness to ante up for the extra octane. Next you should contact
Frank Holloway and/or Bruce Bridges and sign up for one of their TB's, a great
bang for the buck!
Installing some sort of K&N free flowing air cleaner and the underdrives are
also good bang for the buck mod's. The above is where I started with my 98 R/T
and have been very pleased with the results. Costs should be approximately:
   K&N: $50 - $120
   JET - $250
   TB - $100
   UD's - $100
TOTAL: $500 - $600
Frank Holloway is a plethora of information, contact him for his advice.
Good Luck,
Steve in Houston