Re: Ignition

From: William Blount Arthur (m990198@nadn.navy.mil)
Date: Mon Oct 19 1998 - 16:09:23 EDT

Yes, I put an accel supercoil (the square one for new cars) on my truck
with Jacobs 8.5mm wires and champion truck plugs. I ran the wires and
plugs on there for a while and then put the coil on. The only place it
really helped to any noticable degree is at high rpm where it used to
kinda cut out right about 4800 rpm. Now it rocks to the redline before it
shifts. I did this so I could gap the plugs wider. They are .035 stock
and I gaped the champions to .050. That was a little too much gap for the
stock coil. Now, did this make me win any races? Probably not, but I
like knowing that it isnt missing any at high rpm and stuff. Also, I have
to give MAD PROPS (that means praise) to Jacobs. When I foolishly didnt
secure one of the wires and it burned itself apart on my header, Jacobs
honored their lifetime warrenty on wires and sent me one right out. They
are very heat resistant, it had been like that for a while. I like the
truck plugs because they are a little cooler than stock and I didnt want
to be knocking. Thats all

Bill
'97 SS/T