Re: I've got an adj regulator...

From: TXSTIM@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 19 1998 - 16:51:07 EDT

<< I really don't know where the
 transducer is but if you hook up a scan tool, one of the options that you
 can check is the
 fuel pressure. I haven't been able to find it in the engine compartment, so
 I would suspect it is somewhere near the fuel tank or incorporated in the >>

With the rather small fuel pump in the tank, and no return line, I was worried
about the number 2 cylinder running lean (all the way at the end of the rail).
I replaced the stock pump with an external high volume pump, installed an adj.
regulator, and a return line. I had to modify the fuel rails to make this
work. Now, fuel flows in the rear of the passenger side rail through AN
braided hose, crosses over the front of the intake (AN again), through the
driver's side rail, into a Mallory adj regulator, and back to the tank.

I've adjusted the pressure from @25 lbs to @45 lbs and felt no "seat of the
pants" difference. I assumed the computer was compensating each time I made
an adjustment. But, if there's no closed loop at WOT, I should be able to
measure a difference at the track. I've been running at 42lbs (idle). I'll
baseline it at 42 again this Friday, then adj the pressure up from there.
I'll take it up to 50 in 2 lb increments and see what happens (now I'm afraid
to take it down due to lean out).

I've been all over the fuel system on my 94, including the tank, and found no
pressure sensor. If anyone knows whether this thing really exists, and where
it is, let me know (if it's just a simple sensor, a voltage divider should be
enough to trick the PCM into thinking it's still there. Maybe even get tricky
and install a switch to toggle between the sensor and the voltage divider.)