To have over rails or not!?

From: Andi C. (andi-sea@erols.com)
Date: Tue Oct 20 1998 - 07:28:33 EDT

Okay, thanks for everyone's previous help on purchasing this wonderful,
fun, truck! We have enjoyed our truck beyond belief! I see what
everyone talks about when you either have the "Dakota" way or not!

One more question: There seems to be some definite pro's and con's when
it comes to the bed insert whether it extending over the painted service
or below...a hard decision when you are talking about your Dakota Sport
and having the paint chipped off....:(

Does it really rub alot into the paint of the rail with the the over the
rail bed, and what can you do about this predicament? I guess to leave
it with a better finish, then a under the rail is nicer, IF you don't
scratch it?

Thanks for your time to help us with this issue, any advice again is
greatly appreciated!

Ed and Andi

'98 Dakota Sport/V6