RE: To have over rails or not!?

From: Sawyer, Travis (tsawyer@northc.com)
Date: Tue Oct 20 1998 - 09:17:54 EDT

Ed & Andi:

I've got 55k miles on my '97. I have the 'under the rail' mopar
bedliner.
The tailgate liner (WITH CUP HOLDERS WOOHOOO!) is over the edge of the
gate
(for obvious reasons) It has chaffed the paint off almost completely.
I'm
currently looking for _*GOOD*_ looking rail caps. (ones that make the
corners)
Sure it is more money upfront to do it this way, but you get better
protection
from bumps and bruises (your truck that is). The only possible drawback
I can
see to railcaps is the trapping of moisture by the beloved 3M tape that
holds
'em on.

OBTW: I like the looks of railcaps. (even tho the truck is solid black
(sport+)
and not chromed up like an SLT.

My $0.02 worth, YMMV

-travis