Good All Season Tires

From: Dave Rench (renchd@krause.com)
Date: Thu Oct 22 1998 - 12:09:07 EDT

In the interest of changing the subject 8 ^ ) , I'm due for some new
tires. I've currently got the Goodyear Eagle LS tires in 235/70/15. Since
I live in snow country (WI) and drive a 2WD I have a strong interest in
tires that handle well in snow and ice as well as offering decent dry
traction and handling. To give you a benchmark, I was satisfied with the
Eagles straight line dry traction, thought the wet traction was poor, snow
ice capability was fair, cornering was fair and roadnoise was very good.

I do very little hauling of significance (weight in the bed that is) and
haven't towed with the truck yet and have no current plans to. I'm
thinking of something in the 245/65 - 255/60 size range (I have 15 X 8
wheels).

Suggestions?

Dave Rench
Black 97 RC SB 5.2, Auto, 3.55 SG, 2WD, Aerochamber muffler, 10" FABM, MSD
8.5MM