Re: Re: Sport Plus Package

From: rking@jjsnack.com
Date: Thu Oct 22 1998 - 15:39:52 EDT

     I think that chrome stands up to the elements over time a little
     better. Ever seen an older plastic fascia bumper that was once body
     colored and now looks like a completely different color? The only
     solutio.. replace or repaint. Even if you Armorall daily that plastic
     will warp, crack etc. Example. I used to live in FL. Lots of the
     older folks living down there drive Caddys. I've seen may a 15-20year
     old Caddy with large gaps between the trunk and the chrome bumper.
     Those gaps exist now where there once was a color-keyed plastic panel.
      The sun did a number on them..especially bad in the Southern States.
     Many of those old folks I guess were on fixed incomes so why bother
     repairing or replacing those pieces. The cars sure looked funny that
     way though. I'll bet many of you have seen the very same phenomenon
     if you think about it.

     Sure chrome goes away too in time. I think it lasts and stays nice
     looking longer if you just take a little care of it.

     Just my 2 cents and food for thought.

                                Rob