Re: Jules

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Thu Oct 22 1998 - 12:00:07 EDT

At 05:48 PM 10/21/98 , you wrote:

>Does Jules have a right to his
>opinion? Yes. Does he have the inalienable right to offend people with his
>rhetoric? No!

Yes, he does. I've stayed out of this whole Jules thing and I know he
hardly needs me to defend him, but this goes beyond that. IMHO, one problem
with people today is that too many people think they have some kind of
*right* to never be offended. This list is like standing on a street
corner. Eventually you will see or hear something you don't like. Get used
to it, deal with it, develop a thick skin, kick the dog, whatever you need
to do. But you can't tell someone they can't speak their mind however they
want. Personally, I, with my warped sense of humor, find his posts to be
hilarious. Others, for whatever reason, may not. So what. What ever
happened to, "I may not agree with you, but I'll defend...your right to say
it."? How did we get to, "I'm offended by that, so you can't say it anymore."?

Rock on, Jules.

"Never look down on someone unless you're helping them up"
        --Jesse Jackson