RE:cold Tstats

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Thu Oct 22 1998 - 17:57:31 EDT

2me,
engine running cooler = denser intake charge due to cooler intake system and
cooler under hood temps (more or less) Denser intake charge is good! Cold
air is denser and has more oxygen for mixing with the fuel. In some engines
the 180 Tstat kinda fools the software into richening the mixture as well
once the engine reaches steady state (over 130deg) but in the case of the
dakota I think it re-compensates based on A/F ratios and via the O2 sensors.
Anyone else out there (cringe) got a read on the tstat change interaction?
BKB