Re: Emission Laws

From: Elmer Hanhart (hanharte@SWBell.net)
Date: Sun Oct 25 1998 - 00:41:43 EDT

Michael Guzinski wrote:

> Does anyone know anything about Colorado emission laws........I was told by
> a shop that I could not even buy a K&N for my truck yet......the 1999 is not
> yet certified....I know a 1998 will work but what about the TBI and
> Computer....any changes?
> The same shop also said they could not even touch anything in front of the
> cat unless it was damaged or malfunctioning. Trying to get more power is
> not too easy with all these new laws
>
> Mike Guzinski
> 1999 Dakota SLT CC
> 4x4 V-8 Auto
> Colorado USA
If you had a shop tell you these things, then I only have one
suggestion: find another shop! They can put headers on it. the K&N does
not have to be certified, on any vehicle. legally you don't even have to
have an air filter in most places, just so long as you can't see where
the air filter is supposed to be(FIPK/FABM). The throttle body is not
legal as far as I know, but there should be a computer out for yours
very soon, just not a mopar computer(dammit). All hail the nature nazis!

Erich 98 ext. cab v8 5spd.