Re: Gear ratio change - computer programming

From: Jules Glogovcsan (jghunter@nol.com)
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 01:49:19 EDT

----------
> From: Dale and Denise Juenemann <dndj@teleport.com>
> To: DML <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
> Subject: DML: Gear ratio change - computer programming
> Date: Thursday, October 22, 1998 11:31 PM

but then the tech who actually
> attempted to do the work claimed there was no way to select an axle
> ratio when programming the computer, at least for the '97 model. Can
> anyone on the list confirm what the real story is? Any detailed info
> would be greatly appreciated.

hmmm....

at mpi we have swaped a number of gear sets in the big projects we do. all
those are done at a nearby dodge/chry/ply for their facilities are simply
marvelous... the team i work with are racing gearheads... cheez... one guy
gets to drive his buddies viper when ever... i mean 187 mph and at 65 in
6th... 1,000 rpms... all alum dana;s etc...

we have to get deep into the drbs when we run into driveabilty issues prior
to delivery to the customer and when you change everything... driveability
is the next step to watch once its running more or less OK... we never
dealt with any sbec gear ratio info/updates, etc redo and it never came up
and to my knowledge from dodge guys who go to dodge service schools in this
area... it can't be changed... besides the sbec runs off of addresses, ques
and numerical values at the addresses... so what area are you wanting to
change...

got me?

jman