Re: Jules& Frank= DML Perfromance!!!

From: Jules Glogovcsan (jghunter@nol.com)
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 01:41:42 EDT

----------
> From: William Blount Arthur <m990198@nadn.navy.mil>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: Re: DML: Jules& Frank= DML Perfromance!!!
> Date: Thursday, October 22, 1998 11:33 PM
>
> > List, Jules, Bruce, Frank,
> > I just thought of something, and perhaps I'm just dilusional, but a lot
more
> > would get accomplished if we just extinguish flames and work together.
>
> Doesnt sound too bad to me. I would like to hear what Jules has to say
> about the lean condition when running larger TB's. I am sure he has
> messed around with larger injectors and I would like to hear if he knows
> what will work. It might be worth something to him if he carried them in
> stock.

a man who clearly saw the handwriting on the wall... sez:

i really feel that 98% of the problem other than that proof of an a/f ratio
hardcopy re: a dyno pull... is more tied to VE on the total combo of parts
in the package. in other words... as you go up in cfm at WOT... the net
useable torque output as it relates to h.p. re: 1/4 mile; big end
area...(lower ets) may not significantly increase due to the fact that the
VE of the tbi (OE bone stock!) at WOT exceeds (possibly) the VE downstream
of the total rest of the parts combo... and we are 040, 100 +/- larger...
hmmmm

added to that is the fact that the sbec is in open loop... and at OL... the
injector is only at 85%+/- efficiency... so short of an a/f ratio hardcopy
proving to the contrary... effective a/f ratio drops despite the 02/sbec
relationship due to the 85% effciency level of the injector... a mechanical
limitation...at this point ie: the inj...

try 24's so long as piston speed signal is up to it... try to raise the
fuel rail pressure 20psi... :)

running 778 inj...? you need more fuel rail pressure if you keep the 778s
if you got the 262 then swap in the 778s... then raise fuel rail pressure
accordingly

remember: your persuits are at WOT... and at 85% on sbec... so at WOT it
is the ragged edge of the window - at best...

jman