Re: 92 DAK REAR AXLE HOP

From: McStyer@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 03:31:43 EDT

<< I OWN A 92 DODGE DAKOTA LE 4X4 CLUB CAB 318CI
 WITH 3.55 AXLE RATIO.I BOUGHT THE TRUCK IN 93,IT
 HAD ABOUT 18000 MILES ON IT.THE TRUCK WAS SOLID AS
 A ROCK.IN THE FALL OF 94,A WEIRD PROBLEM STARTED
 GRADUALLY...REAR AXLE HOP.

Welcome! Contrary to the current situations this is a greast site for help.
I've save enough money from repairing my vehicle from the advise here I can
almost afford to buy something to "fix it up. You might want to turn your
"CAPS LOCK" off :)

Now for your problem. Do you have a 5-speed or and automatic transmission?
In what gear does the wheel hop happen?

Mike S.
1993 V6 5-speed CC