Overload/Helper Springs Question

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 23:22:16 EDT

I don't know about you fellow Dakota owners, but my 93 Dakota Sport 4x4
needs some serious help in the payload area.....the last couple of months I
have been hauling some landscaping bricks, dirt, etc and it seems, based on
my calculations, my truck can only take about 1000-1100 pounds of cargo in
the bed. It seems that when I load this much also that it sags alot, to
where I am afraid to load any more, my 235's AT's are alomst into the wheel
wells, the bumper is very low to the ground, etc. I know some Dakota owners
swear that they can easily haul 1500 pounds in their bed, but HOW????
I have been trying to locate some bolt on helper/overload springs, the ones
that increase carrying capacity anywhere from 1000-1500 more pounds. I have
only found ones for Dakota 2WD applications though. Think I could just
order some heavier rated springs from the dealer???? I see these helper
springs all over the catalogs, but not for my 4x4!! JC Whitney does sell
complete rear springs for my truck with 4HD pack of 2550 pounds capacity
for only $85! Just not sure, that seems like alot of weight, ride might
be very harsh. I would just want to load my truck up with stuff without looking like a
Nissan hauling a pallet of bricks!!!!
Thanks for any and all replies!
Kyle(rather saggy)
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)