The Dreaded MIL!

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Oct 26 1998 - 09:35:16 EST

Grrrrrrrrrrr... Started up the truck this morning and the GD MIL "Check Engine
Light" illuminated! I've got a '98 so I can't even play with the ignition
switch to see what's wrong... What's really buggin' me is there are no symptoms
of anything wrong. It started right up, idles nice, plenty of power, no problem
at high RPM, etc. This is FRUSTRATING! They ought to include a scan tool with
every new vehicle... or at least keep a low tech way of pulling codes!

Oh well, gotta go to the dealer anyway to fix the steering so I guess I'll go
for the 2 for 1 special. I wonder if they'll give me a harder time about the
FABM, JBA's and/or 180 stat... Stay tuned :-)

L8r,

T.