Pinging

From: Dave Rench (renchd@krause.com)
Date: Tue Oct 27 1998 - 11:55:47 EST

Just a thought. With all of this talk about pinging..what is the most
likely "fix" a dealership is going to use to fix this? My guess is they
are going to retard the ignition advance or reduce total advance through a
"reflash" of the computer. If you have installed a Mopar Computer or JET
module, they will point to that (deservedly) as a potential cause due to
the more aggressive timing.

If you are running 87 or 89 octane and are looking for performance, I would
suggest moving to higher grade of gas, because any "fix" will likely hurt
performance. If performance is not a major concern, then by all means take
it in and have them "fix" it so that you can run lower cost gasoline.

Dave