Re: How much USA content in a Dakota?

From: Jwilli941@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 27 1998 - 18:01:46 EST

Corey Meyer posted something to the effect of......

<< After all, Dodge and Dakotas are American, >>

Just wondering as to how much US content there is
in the Dakota? Are the wiring looms made in Mexico,
the aluminum ore from South Africa, the rubber of the
tires from Malaysia, etc.? Anybody still have the
mfg. sticker that states the foreign content for their
truck?

<< we will fly by 'em all in our big beautiful american
     Dakotas!>>

Burning fuel from the Middle East shipped over here on
tankers flying Liberian flags? The all-'merikan vehicle
has gone the way of the hemi. I bet that almost half of the
components on our trucks are either directly or indirectly
foreign in origin.

Now, my dad drove a Dodge truck and so do I but I realize
that while Dodge is an American company and the vehicles
are made here they are going to have some foreign content.
Its a fact of life in today's world.

Todd Hill
VolksWerks Transaxles (VW!)
Olympia, WA
'94 SLT CC 4X4 (wishing for a V8 next time)