Re: Engine question

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@cyberramp.net)
Date: Thu Oct 29 1998 - 10:59:28 EST

I've had this problem for three months now. Mine is also a 95. The noise
occurs only at or near idle speed and sounds very much like a bad bearing or
slipping belt, but it comes and goes and varies in intensity. I've
checked/replaced the tensioner pulley assy., had the alternator bearings
checked, tried a new serpentine belt and the water pump seems to be fine???
I am now in the drive it till it breaks mode. BTW, I am using the March
underdrive pulleys and they have some rather nasty wear grooves in them that
I think may be causing belt slippage. Perhaps that could be it. Hope this
helps.

Andre
95 14.7@93.5mph