Re: RE:14" FIPK vs, Air Inlet Systems

From: DodgeBoyz3@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 29 1998 - 19:52:13 EST

In a message dated 10/29/98 4:29:09 PM Central Standard Time,
Dkota4by4@aol.com writes:

> So let me get this right. The 14x3 that l have on my 318 now is going to
> perform better than the Quick D set up? I really don't want to pay $177
for
> kit that is not going to do anything for me. Can someone please tell me
> before l waste my $$

Russ,

I have the 14x3 Ram Air box on my 95. I find it is a good system, that did
give me a little more on the top end at the drag strip. The extra airflow
actually cut down on some of my low end, but I find that this has helped my
60' time greatly(no more wheel spin). Not to mention that the system looks
really good, and is always getting looks in the staging lanes.
I suggest that anyone interested in this, purchase only the fiberglass air
box, and not everthing that they want you to buy. If you get the complete
kit, it comes with a paper filter element, a made in Taiwan chrome filter
assembly and a few other doo-dads. The air box will work with most
aftermarket 14" air cleaner bases and lids. Do not get a drop base.

Hope this helps.

Gene in Baytown
95 Dakota SLT, RC, SB, 5.2L slushbox(stealth mods)
99 R/T, CC,(not quite broke in yet)
68 Charger R/T, 440-4
www.flash.net/~mamopar/index.html.htm