5.2L 5-Speed

From: Mike (rampower@iname.com)
Date: Fri Oct 30 1998 - 00:30:59 EST

--------------35993E92DEA49201425457BF

Hi DML'ers-

     I have been lurking on this list for quite a while and
have found it very informative. I have pretty much come up
with a list of things I want to do to my truck according to
fellow DML'ers posts. Now all I have to do is order the
truck.
   A few days ago, I stopped at a Dodge dealer to look at
their Dakota's. I stumbled upon a black RC R/T. After a
quick test drive I wanted it bad. My dad has the 5.9 in his
Ram, but this thing is incredible. I tried to convince
myself that I don't really need a CC or a 4X4. Somehow I
managed to hold myself back. You R/T guys must really love
those trucks!!
   Anyway, I have a quick question about my truck. Anyone
out there with a 5.2L 5-Speed 4X4 CC. Is it pretty quick
with the 3.92 axle? Would the full-time transfer case be a
good idea for a 5-speed? Anyone have any other pictures of a
Solar Yellow dak (besides the one in the Dakota catalog)? I
am probobaly going to get it in that color, just that I've
haven't seen it on a CC yet. Thanks for any help.

Mike

P.S. Not a Dakota spank-but in the Ram. Last night. It was
about 50 degrees out and my engine hadn't warmed up all the
way yet (about 170-180 degrees) A red Camaro, (it was real
dark but from the sounds of the exhaust, Z-28) pulled up at
the red light. He started revvin' a bit so I knew he wanted
to go ( the dual exhaust on the ram is a real
race-instigator!) The light turned green and I had a little
better take-off than he did. I was amazed at how quick the
truck was that night.(must of been the temp. outside/engine)
We were bumper to bumper up until about 70mph when I backed
off (still driving on my last ticket, didn't want to risk
it) Even though I didn't officially spank the camaro, it was
damn close for a truck so it has been considered SPANKED!!

--------------35993E92DEA49201425457BF

<HTML>
Hi DML'ers-

     I have been lurking on this list for quite
a while and have found it very informative. I have pretty much come up
with a list of things I want to do to my truck according to fellow DML'ers
posts. Now all I have to do is order the truck.
   A few days ago, I stopped at a Dodge dealer to look at
their Dakota's. I stumbled upon a black RC R/T. After a quick test drive
I wanted it bad. My dad has the 5.9 in his Ram, but this thing is incredible.
I tried to convince myself that I don't <I>really </I>need a CC or a 4X4.
Somehow I managed to hold myself back. You R/T guys must really love those
trucks!!
   Anyway, I have a quick question about <I>my</I> truck.