Re: RE: JET opinion * Your opinion wanted???

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 30 1998 - 11:59:23 EST

On Fri, 30 Oct 1998, William Blount Arthur wrote:

> Jets definatly change the WOT curves too. I mean, my times at the track
> prove that. Also, Like I said, you really need something if you are
> putting headers and all that junk on there. If the truck still had the
> same amount of gas and more air, well, it wouldnt know and it would just
> run lean at WOT.
>
> Bill

   You'd still be OK if you put headers and such on the engine because the
stock (and Mopar Performance) PCMs are set up to be very rich at WOT. There
might be a problem if you had a huge TB or something, but I'm not exactly
sure where the limit is. I did some testing recently with Frank's 710cfm
TB with both a MP PCM and my stock PCM. Both were still rich at WOT despite
the additional 200cfm over the stock TB.

  At 14.7:1, an O2 sensor is supposed to read about .45v, any higher
is rich, any lower is lean. With the stock PCM, I got a voltage of
about .86 to .88. The MP PCM's fuel maps appear to be even more rich
than the stock one; it gave me a voltage of .88 to .90.

                                              -Jon-