Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can I ride?

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Fri Oct 30 1998 - 14:12:21 EST

- ----------
> From: Gary Shook <gary.shook@mci.com>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: Re: Re: Re: Can I ride?
> Date: Friday, October 30, 1998 11:38 AM
>
> I would highly recommend the drive- it's a once-in-a-lifetime
experience...
> just look out for the Canadian back-woods gas stations... when I drove
down
> in '89 in my '68 Charger we hit snow in July & paid $.85 for gas (per
> LITER!)

>gary -

>were you glad to get it... the gas, i mean? :) what ocatne was it...?

>jam'n

------------------------------

I think Gary is 'pulling your leg'. Gas in BC is around $.55/litre
(Canadian), a bit higher in the north. Do your math and it's pretty cheap
in $US. Since the Arctic is in thaw during the summer, the likelyhood of
hitting snow on BC highways in the summer is virtually nil. There may be
the odd short lived snow-storm way up in the mountains.

Of course, I could tell you about the retired U.S. couple in a Caddy that I
met in Trail, B.C. a few years ago. They had 4 studded snow tires in
anticipation of snow in August.

The Alaska highway is paved. This may come as a bit of a surprise, but
British Columbia and the Yukon are somewhat civilized ... kinda like Alaska.

Rob