Re: Re: Re: Can I ride?

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Fri Oct 30 1998 - 15:35:21 EST

>I would highly recommend the drive- it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience...
>just look out for the Canadian back-woods gas stations... when I drove down
>in '89 in my '68 Charger we hit snow in July & paid $.85 for gas (per
>LITER!)
>
>It was a great experience and I'd love to do it again... taking it easy this
>time... (I made it from Anchorage to Phoenix in 5 days last trip)
>
>Gary Shook

Here in Toronto we pay anywhere from $.48 - $.60 per litre Cdn. (.2633.8
U.S. gallons). Prices seem to fluctuate eg. Wed. is the best time to buy as
it creeps up for weekends (especially long weekends of the summer) and
starts to go lower after Mon. The city is starting to clamp down on this as
it's taking advantage of people trying to get away for the weekend.

As for back-woods gas stations as you call them, they're no different than
the small towns we hit when driving through the mid-west. The smaller the
town, the higher the price seems to be.

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd