Re: Latest News-- UPDATE! [reply]

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Nov 01 1998 - 08:53:31 EST

<this has nothing to do with that thread but I have a drop in liner in my
94 DAK and it has scraped the hell outta the paint all around.. is there
anything that can be done to avoid this or is that expected?>

Yep. A friend said that placing a few broken hockey sticks under the
liner helps.

When I have the annual rust proofing respray, I remove the liner,
clean out any accumulated dirt and have them spray the complete bed.
At least, it will not rust.

The rustproofing (Krown Rust ... similar to Rust Check) is an oil-
based substance with material added which allows it to creep into
hidden places. It's reddish (almost the colour of transmission oil)
and can be washed away with soap and water.

Started doing this with my cars and trucks in '86 ... no
rust on any of them. Don't know if it's available in the States.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
tigers@bserv.com

Current: '97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3,55 auto., 4x2, Gibson dual, K&N filter
element.
          '85 Shelby Turbo Charger, 2.2L, manual.
          '70 Challenger, 383-4bbl, auto.
Past: '71 Road Runner, 340-4bbl, auto.